and then we were ready to look at and taste some delicious veggies and fruits.
So I was just expecting some local growers of produce, and of course kettle corn, but boy, were we surprised.
There were a bunch of vendors selling handmade crafts: leather bracelets, jewelry, vases, candles, and even a MaryKay lady.
THEN, there were vendors selling hot food: tamales, gyros, etc. Our favorite was the "Charlie's Bread" stand. anyone from Danville remember "Whole Grain" bread by the Trader Joe's with those delicious cinnamon rolls? The bread was THAT good. I was in the mood for a muffin, but they had these really tasty looking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so we got those instead.
After our purchase we started to walk around to the actual part that I was expecting: fruits, veggies, and fresh flowers. as we walk ernie says, "we should get a bag, these cookies are melting." I say, "well i was planning to eat them, so they can just melt in my mouth :)." So we ate all three of them. YUM!!! it was so much fun, we are planning to go back again. maybe this time i'll buy some veggies with my cookies.
in other news, the CHARGERS were AWESOME beating the Broncos. it was a close one there for a little bit, but we were victorious in the end, and set a few records in the process.
1 comment:
You know I was watching and wearing my Ladanian jersey, cheering my head off in a bar in the south where they couldn't care less about the San Diego Chargers. But I am sure that we brought up the coolness level in that bar significantly.
Post a Comment