Monday, February 26, 2007

being sick sucks

I am now currently on day 3 of an aweful bout of the flu. i guess it says something that I am actually able to sit up and type at the computer, because pretty much the only thing i've been able to do is drag myself out of bed and to the couch. It all started friday morning. I didn't feel good at the gym, so I did a moderate work out and headed to work. It was FREEZING all day, and lucky my, I work outside all day. So I was pretty miserable and also pretty certain I'd get a cold - which i did. However, I woke up Saturday morning with more than a cold. my stomach REALLY hurt, and what really should have told me something was wrong - i wasn't hungry. I swallowed down a bagel anyways because we had taekwondo later in the morning. We almost didn't go because I felt sick, but I didn't want to be a wuss, so we went. I almost made it through the whole class, although I thought I was going to throw up a few hundred times. the thing is, i so rarely DO throw up, I never trust my body to actually follow through with it when I feel nauseous. anyhooo...we went home, me feeling much worse than before. I couldn't even eat lunch. yet another indication something was really wrong. ernie was kind enough to get me some saltines (what a guy!). the problem was, we had plans to go to orange county to hang with forrest and watch the Pride fights. I mustered up the strength to get dressed and we headed to the OC. ernie drove, which was a real help I couldn't do much other than sit there. The fights were great and we had a fantastic time, but unfortunately I was getting sicker by the minute. I managed to make it all the way home without losing my dinner, but the second I ran (yes, I ran) through the door I lost it in the bathroom. (ok enough info). I hobbled into bed and woke up even sicker on sunday. I spent the whole day in intense pain, sipping on gatorade and munching on saltines when I could. unfortunately, I was just as sick today, so I called in sick for work today and tomorrow. i have moment when I feel better - like right now, earlier this morning when I was able to eat a bagel (quite the milestone) and tonight I managed to eat some toast. hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and be able to do more than watch 12 straight hours of tv.

special thanks to ernie whose taken amazing care of me, meanwhile doing all our weekend chores of grocery shopping, cleaning, and laundry all by himself. what a guy!

3 comments:

sage said...

Sorry Rach. It sucks to be sick, especially on the weekend. Bummer. I hope you feel better!

Chris H Bushby said...

RACH!!! Over here in New Zealand it is already the 4th...so, I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a GREAT day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach! You are cool! :)
Love, Bekah