Thursday, February 08, 2007

A feeling of success

Once a week I try to take a break from my hectic schedule of rushing off to the gym, rushing to shower, and rushing to work, to do a yoga video at home. (My gym doesn't offer classes early enough in the morning). I've started a small collection of Rodney Yee videos-my current favortie being "Yoga Burn". About the middle of the video I realized that although the poses were challenging, I really felt successful-strong and flexible. My initial thought was, "at least I can feel successful in some aspects of my life, since I feel the complete opposite at my new job." I pondered these thoughts for a moment, then realized that these type of thoughts are the exact reason I am lacking in success. This job has been a real challenge from the beginning. Throughout it all I've been praying that God would reveal his plan in all of it: "am I needing the challenge?" "is it going to open up a better opportunity for me in the future?" But after almost 3 weeks of nothing but disappointment and stress I feel really lost. Just yesterday I decided to change my approach. Rather than pray that God would show me his plan right away, I prayed that God would change my attitude and help me be the best person for the job, while it is my job. So today I'm giving myself a challenge: keep the feelings of success I feel right now, and find a way to apply those feelings in my work day today. One day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rach: I love you! this totally encouraged me today... thank you for being you and for letting God work in you and through you. lots of love, bethany