Saturday, March 17, 2007

internet on the fritz

So I've been unable to do a birthday post due to lack of desire to be on the computer coupled with an internet connection that is never working. but now the time has come that I'm ready to blog.

you're welcome.

Here we are getting Golden Spoon #1 at Ralph's in La Jolla on the eve of my 26th birthday. 26? crazy!

We LOVE our fro yo
The morning of my birthday we went to church and then met up with Jess and JT for lunch at my favorite restaurant Ki's. I shared a delicious ahi tuna wrap and salmon wrap with my mom. SOO good. I'm going to do my best to replicate it sometime.

Jess and JT striking a pose.

Bethany and mom say "cheese"
aren't we cute?
After breakfast we went north a few miles to see Ernie's new project in Carlsbad. can we say dream house? Of course we stopped for Golden Spoon #2 since there was one in the area. YUM!!
After that we drove south to walk around PB. We stopped by one of my favorite stores, American Apparel. Then walked a little farther down the PB strip to check out the sites. Of course on the way back we stopped for Golden Spoon #3. yep--3rd time in the weekend, 2nd time that day. Then we said good-bye to Bethany, Bekah, and Mom and I took a deep breath and pondered how life would be like as a 26 yr old. So far, it was filled with lots of dessert--I'm feeling optimistic.

Since I spent my birthday weekend with family, the weekend after was dedicated to friends. I set up a little bday shin-dig at my favorite spot, Fred's Mexican Cafe in Old Town. It was quite the affair-pretty much all my best-est pals in the area were there. I felt quite special. And of course the jumbo margaritas helped!! Here I am being the 3rd wheel with Forrest and Ernie

aww, aren't we cute?
So birthday was awesome. Friends and family were so generous. #1 highlight - family and friend time. #2 highlight - I got a digital camera. yes!! it was a total surprise and I love it. so these are my first pictures taken with it!! higlight #3 birthday margaritas - the best!!

No comments: