Saturday, November 03, 2007

Halloween

We've had the luxury of having Vanessa stay with us the past couple of weeks. It was really fun to have our roommate back again (she lived with us when we were first married) and made for some fun times-like making fun of "I love New York" and eating pumpkin ice cream and dark chocolate while watching our favorite show "America's Most Smartest Model".

While she was here we went to the Capoeira Brasil Halloween Superhero party. In Capoeira, everyone gets a nickname-it comes from back when Capoeira was first started and it was illegal, so players went by an alias to protect their identity. I don't have a nickname yet, so I decided to go as a super-ninja (since I have some ninja weapons from taekwondo). Ernie went as Paul Bunyan because he has the perfect plaid shirt!

Here he crushing limes to make caipirinhas-a feat only a true Brasilian could master.

The Halloween couple. See my cape? It glows in the dark!!
Superheros Shannon "Castanha" (chestnut-because of her red hair) and Vanessa "Lombriga" (tapeworm-because of her insatiable appetite and ability to eat anything).
this picture would have been cool if I wasn't covering my face!
This little guy was also a ninja-he was my competition!
Superhero ginga!
Some of the crowd!
Kevin "Meia-noite" (Midnight-I'll let you figure it out :D)
His opposite and arch rival, "Cloro"
We didn't do anything on actual Halloween day, since it fell on a Wednesday, and going out mid-week just doesn't work with a 5:30am wake up schedule. So luckily we had some fun over the weekend. Next year I am determined to come up with a fantastic costume many months in advance. I'm sure the anticipation is already killing you...

No comments: