Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Weekend

Ernie and I had a fantastic weekend. Saturday started with a wonderful homemade breakfast of crepes, courtesy of chef Ernie. After that we went to the gym to work out-me to go to yoga. It felt great because I haven't been in a while. I'm trying to do some self-healing of my car accident injuries with yoga and stretching-this weekend was the start so I'll keep you updated.

After Yoga we made a delicious mexican food lunch, showered then headed downtown to walk around and enjoy the beautiful San Diego night.

We had to get our parking validated so I "volunteered" to get a drink at Starbucks. I know it's not even after Thanksgiving, but those red holiday cups sure get me in the Christmas spirit!

After walking around a bit we were pulled into Ghiradelli by the smell of baking waffle cones. Of course they were handing out samples, so we got to try the peppermint chocolate-WOW-it was incredible. Then we order ice cream cones, not really very winter-y but they were perfect!!

Sunday morning I woke up early and made our new favorite breakfast-Bran Flax Muffins and we went to church at the Rock. After church we went to the gym (getting in shape for the holidays!!), then to the store for our weekly grocery shopping. After lunch we decided to try a new hobby-knitting.
My attempt at "Casting on"
We were able to figure out casting on, but unfortunately couldn't do the knit stitch. So we've given up for now until we can find more patience or someone to teach us.

THEN we were lucky enough to watch the Chargers beat the Colts-yep, that's right-we beat the Colts. :)

No comments: