Friday, I dressed up in red and green with new earrings I'd made out of stickers. They got a lot of compliments, which made all the time I spent on them worth it. Also, my students were SO generous and I came home with bags full of goodies and presents. I was overwhelmed with their generosity and thoughtfulness. After work we had a staff Christmas party. It was really fun. We played a game-we had to match a description like "best eyes" or "best attitude" with a staff member's name. The person to get the most right won a gift card to Jamba Juice. My superlative was "Most likely to get her car stolen and still come in to work the same day with a positive attitude." I came in a close second with 19 correct out of 36-oh well! After the party I came home to hang with Ernie and sample some of my goodies. We tried the white chocolate covered pretzels. AMAZING!! Needless to say it only took us 2 days to finish them.
Saturday, we woke up early to take advantage of a great deal at Borders. From 7am-11am all cds were only $9.99!! I got 3. Then we went to TKD-I was going to try and make a final capoeira class before the long break, but I've been sick the past 2 weeks and today was an especially bad day for me. I spent much of the night coughing and was only able to sleep when Ernie woke up and rubbed my head and back for me until I drifted off (what a husband!!). After a nice lunch of microwave meals and the remaining chocolate covered pretzels we headed to Mission Valley AMC for a little movie marathon action. First up with The Golden Compass. I read the books, so I really enjoyed it. I thought the adaptation from book to movie was really smooth and the movie was able to capture the essence of the book without being too long or too short. (A technique the Harry Potter directors would benefit from). After we saw National Treasure: Book of Secrets. Also quite good. We finished up the night with a free dinner from souplantation - thanks to a gift card from a student - and hot chocolate from Starbucks, a treat I'd been craving for days! Now full of sweets and food I am writing this blog and preparing for tomorrow-our day of present wrapping and packing for our Christmas trip to Michigan to be with Ernie's family. We will return to San Diego on New Year's Eve (weather permitting). So until then, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
1 comment:
What a fun weekend! I like the superlative you got, that was funny! Just wanted to let you know that I miss you and can't wait to see you. Have a great time in Michigan! Merry Christmas! Love you and Ernie so much!
Jess and JT
Post a Comment