Saturday, April 25, 2009

SELF workout in the park

Today was the SELF magazine work out in the park. This was my third year attending. My first year (3 years ago) the workout was in Balboa Park. I read about it in a magazine and decided to go-it was AMAZING. Last year, I invited my sister Jess and Karin Duncan (Forrest's wife). Sadly, Jess couldn't make it this year because she is currently on bed rest (but doing great! and only a few days away from her next check up!!). So I invited Kristin and Stasia from my small group, and Karin invited her friend Kristy.

Here I am with Stasia and Kristin.

This instructor, Madonna, was our favorite. She did the dancing classes.
Karin, Kristy, Stasia, and Kristin with our cool SELF bags as we fill them up with FREEBIES!!
We had an amazing time! My favorite classes were definitely the Latin Grooves and Masala Bhangra (Indian dancing). Of course I also enjoyed the kickboxing because it takes me back to taekwondo days. (Thank goodness I can still punch and kick!!)
I am so happy to have shared the experience with 4 other strong, beautiful ladies and I'm looking forward to next year as our workout group grows!!

No comments: