Next Tuesday will be my first day as a 3rd grade teacher! I spent the ENTIRE week going to meetings and preparing my classroom. It was a daunting task to start from a blank slate. A highlight of the week was getting an award at our annual all-staff luncheon. I received "Paraprofessional of the Year!" I got to stand in front of everyone while the Executive Directors read comments that people had sent about my teaching!! It was a pretty incredible experience and really solidified for me that I am following God's plan for my career right now. After that it was back to work setting up the room. The other teachers have been so helpful and supportive and to top it all off, my AMAZING husband spent 5 hours helping me yesterday with the finishing touches. It culminated in a final trip to Target last night at 7pm-but I think I'm ready...for the first day at least. :)
Soon I will post pictures of my classroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment