I had a few days off for the President's Day weekend, so Ernie and I took a trip to Visalia. Bekah had the weekend off too, so we picked her up on the way. Of course we had to stop for Golden Spoon on the way!
I am doing a landform project with my students so I took pictures of the Central Valley to tell the kids about the flat land. I took so many pictures I think I'll have to make them a slide show.
Another stop on the way for Sonic! We get the commercials in San Diego, but we don't actually have any.
Lucky for us it was Happy Hour, so we got 1/2 price drinks!!
We finally made it to Jess and JT's in the afternoon and had a great night eating dinner and catching up on some NBC shows. Saturday Jess took Bekah and I to a killer spinning class at her gym. It's funny how you can think you are in shape, but then you try something new and feel so NOT in shape.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing and hanging out with Jorde. It was so much fun-he even let me hold him a couple of times!
We left Visalia Sunday morning to return back to San Diego. Ernie and I took a nice walk in the San Diego sun to get groceries to make some Valentine's Day dinner and dessert. We made banana buckwheat pancakes...
...and lemon cupcakes, both from scratch!
Although I don't need a holiday to remind me how much I love my husband, it is still fun that a whole day is dedicated to love. I am so blessed to have a family and husband that love me and I thank God every day for them!
1 comment:
Icecream, breakfeast and cupcakes! Yummy!!! Great blog! Jorde is so cute!
love, annie
Post a Comment