Friday, March 05, 2010

Bday Post

I decided that Ernie couldn't have all the fun being 29, so I decided to join the club. That's right...I'm 29! The day started off great with home-made cards and some gifts from my students-they were so excited! "Did you bring donuts or cupcakes for your birthday, Mrs. Spoelhof?" All the students bring treats to share at snack recess for their birthday, so naturally they assumed I would bring a snack on MY birthday. I didn't bring a snack, but the room mom's surprised me with chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and purple sprinkles. The kids sang "Happy Birthday." I got a basket filled with my favorite things: dark chocolate, mint chocolate, york peppermint patties, candles, lotion, and gift cards to Barnes & Noble and Jamba Juice. I was so spoiled! The kids sang to me a few more times that day to keep the excitement going, but the celebration was just beginning...

I got home that afternoon to Ernie in the kitchen baking cookies-a new recipe we've been wanting to try. He even added triple the chocolate chips just for me! Then he proceeded to make dinner-another meal we've been wanting to try: oat-crusted chicken breast with green beans and brown rice. Here's a close-up of the delicious chicken.

After dinner we drove to Oceanside to meet Mom, Pop, Bethany, Bekah, and Ashkon for...you guessed it: Golden Spoon! We arrived late and had just enough time to eat our yogurt and open a few presents before the store closed, so we walked to a nearby Starbucks to finish the party.
Here's the boys!
At Starbucks I opened the rest of my presents and we had some tea to warm us up. Starbucks closed too, so we finished our hanging out time outside. Unfortunately, we all had drives back to make and had to stop the fun.

I had an amazing day and received so many calls, texts, and messages on facebook. I feel so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! What a fun day you had! Ernie is amazing at cooking! I hope one birthday I can celebrate with you! love, annie