Monday, August 16, 2010

A recipe adaptation

I have been eating gluten free (as far as I know), but I haven't been doing much official gluten free cooking. It isn't that I don't want to try, it just seems like a lot of the recipes are for brownies and cakes and muffins-things I can just do without (for now). However, this past Sunday, I decided to experiment and make pancakes. I used a recipe I'd invented (by combining a few different recipes) and substituted oats I blended in the Vitamix for flour. Depending on your gluten free/wheat free strictness, oats can be off limits, but I've decided to keep them in my diet for now because they are a good wheat alternative and a delicious breakfast food. Here are some pictures of the adventure:


Adding turkey bacon for a more complete meal.


Ernie and I both approved and it was fun to have pancakes and do some cooking!!

No comments: