This year the elementary teachers decided on a Zoo theme, so of course, I had to be a giraffe!! Here are some pictures as I put together my costume:
First I got a headband and tail set on Amazon. I love headbands because you can base a whole outfit around them and make something fun from scratch!! I found the white dress at Target and then I bought gold spray paint at Michael's. I taped off some spots, sprayed away and ta da! Giraffe costume!
Here I am at work and with my coworkers
The Friday before Halloween we have a parade and class parties at school. We had a fun Halloween party (see pictures of students wrapping me like a mummy) and then a little shower for me. The room moms organized to collect a small piece of baby clothing from each student. They sewed the pieces together and made me a quilt with all the kids names on it!
Monday night (Halloween night) Ernie and I prepared for our first ever trick or treaters. We originally bought a 75-piece bag of candy at Target. After talking to friends, it seemed like we were going to need a lot more, so I bought another 150-piece bag at COSTCO. Turned out we only needed the small bag, even with the teenagers that grabbed more than 5 pieces of candy each! I'm not sure if it is because we are at the end of the street, or if it was a slow year, but it sure didn't seem like we got many kids. My favorites were a little girl dressed as a lady bug and another girl dressed as Queen Amidala from Star Wars. The other highlight was making homemade pizza (our first home cooked meal in the house!) and watching the Chargers game.






No comments:
Post a Comment