Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Night Out


Happy parents about to go out!
To be honest, a night out with baby isn't something I thought we'd be doing much of as new parents. Yet somehow, we've been blessed with a totally amazing little baby. Here is where I get to brag: I have been going regularly to a local breastfeeding support group. It was really hard going at first all by myself. Even though it was hard, I kept going. I have now made some friends and we have regular play dates in addition to our biweekly group meetings. I met one really great mom who invited me to lunch, on a walk, and even over to dinner so our husbands could meet. She has a 5 month old baby girl. I was nervous about going over to their house. Now that Elliana has a bedtime, it seemed a little tricky to not have her go to bed at home, but we decided to try it. We started her night routine early-bed, story, prayer, and a feeding-and then put her in her car seat instead of her co-sleeper. She woke up when I put her in the car seat and stayed awake for most of the drive. I was afraid our outing wasn't going to work. However, she finally fell asleep and was fast asleep when we arrived at my new friend's house. She stayed asleep the whole time the parents had dinner, talked, ate dessert, and played games. Whew! We did it! We left and went home for the big challenge: transferring Elliana back to bed. She woke up in the transfer, so we watched some TV so as not to disturb her. She stayed awake for a few minutes, but never made a sound and was soon fast asleep. She slept all night!! Thanks for letting me brag :)

1 comment:

lynne said...

Hooray for a successful first attempt at an evening out with baby! And yay for Ellie putting herself to sleep at the appropriate times! ;0] And an ever bigger yay to starting to make new friends in your new town!! We love you....