Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Elliana's First Plane Trip

This past weekend I traveled to my parent's house to attend a shower for Bekah hosted by my Grammie Rozie and her sister, Nancy. I was really excited for the trip because I was also able to attend a bachelorette party on Saturday for my friend, Kristy.

I was definitely nervous about my first plane trip with Elliana, especially since I was traveling alone. I talked to some other moms and they had a lot of advice for me and I felt pretty prepared. I even had to drive myself and take the airport shuttle, which added some extra excitement. Everyone was really helpful from the shuttle driver who carried my bag on and off the shuttle, to the TSA attendant who helped me get some of my things through the x-ray machine. It was difficult trying to get all my stuff through and then hold Elliana while putting the carseat through and then folding the stroller to get through. And of course then putting it all back together a few seconds later once we had walked through. Elliana was a trooper through it all. She didn't make one peep on the flight and took her pacifier like a champ on take off and landing.

Saturday was the day we arrived. After a little time at home I took Elliana with me for the first part of the bachelorette party. She got to hang out with the girls and I got my toes painted--heavenly!! Afterwards I took Elliana home and put her to bed and went back out for dinner. Luckily, I left her with super Gammie who had to rock her to sleep after I left.
Sunday we traveled across the bay to Menlo Park for a shower at the Circus Club hosted by my mom's mom, Rozie, and Rozie's sister, Nancy. We had a great time eating delicious food and an amazing chocolate lava cake surrounded by family. A really fun activity was sharing our hopes and dreams for Bekah. It was so great to hear everyone's ideas - there was so much wisdom in the room!
Nancy, Elliana, me, and Rozie

My mom's cousin, Sarah, couldn't stay, but she came to visit before the shower


sisters!

Elliana was too busy looking at Bethany's hair to smile for this one


The ladies in front of my parent's house
After the shower we had some fun hanging out. Elliana was very excited about hanging out with Poppa, Gammie, Tio Ashkon, Tio Mike, and Tia Bethany and Bekah!
busted! someone is watching TV!!



Monday we went on a great morning walk and in the afternoon I got to visit Katey and her mom, Barbara!!

It was a fabulous trip. I was really happy to have Bethany along for the return flight. Especially since Elliana thought it would be super fun to have a big spit up all over Bethany followed by a big stinky poop. Luckily we were surrounded by other parents who had a good sense of humor about it. Ever changed a poopy diaper on a plane? On the plus side I guess I must have been initiated into some awesome mom club for that one.

1 comment:

lynne said...

LOL - I love the tv watching photos!!

And yes, you are definitely in some kind of super mom's club for chaging a poopy diaper in those ridiculously teeny bathrroms on a plance! ;0]

Did you ever heard Joel's story about Jordan peeing all over me (through his diaper and clothes) when we flew to Maine? He still thinks it was hilarious. :-]