so I've decided to do a 1/2 marathon in January. I was having a hard time fitting in runs to my workout regimen so rather than just making myself run a few times a week-i've decided to take it to the extreme. I don't really have enough time to train properly, but my goal is only to finish, not to make any records or anything. so before i sign up, i decided to give it a try for a week. on Sunday I went for a 70 minute run. it felt great, and i even felt great the day after. So my plan is to run 2 times during the week and then a long run on sundays. alas, my plans were ruined so far for this week as I finally lost the battle against ernie's sickness (he's been sick since the wedding) and came down with the bug this week. so no running or working out for me...but i'm hoping to feel better tomorrow (i have the day off!!) and go on a nice 30 minute jog around beautiful san diego.
A blurb of facts and events from my new life as a wife a.k.a. "Mrs. Spoelhof" and my even NEWER life as a mom!
Thursday, November 09, 2006
am i a runner?
so I've decided to do a 1/2 marathon in January. I was having a hard time fitting in runs to my workout regimen so rather than just making myself run a few times a week-i've decided to take it to the extreme. I don't really have enough time to train properly, but my goal is only to finish, not to make any records or anything. so before i sign up, i decided to give it a try for a week. on Sunday I went for a 70 minute run. it felt great, and i even felt great the day after. So my plan is to run 2 times during the week and then a long run on sundays. alas, my plans were ruined so far for this week as I finally lost the battle against ernie's sickness (he's been sick since the wedding) and came down with the bug this week. so no running or working out for me...but i'm hoping to feel better tomorrow (i have the day off!!) and go on a nice 30 minute jog around beautiful san diego.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment