I listened to my newly uploaded Brasilian tunes on the plane while I read a magazine, which helped the flight go by faster. Soon I arrived in Oakland. They are trying to redo a lot of the airport so it is a mess. The new baggage claim is pretty nice tho. I waited with anticipation hoping my bags had made it on my flight. not only did they make it, they were the first ones out. HAHA!! it was my plan all along. My mom and Bethany were right on time to pick me up and we headed straight to Pete's for some coffee.
When we got home my dad was there, he had a few days off from work!! He had to do some quick stuff at work, so Bethany and I went a long to get some free wart removal. (I had a little one on my finger which i've been saving to get frozed at home for free!). I go first since bethany is scared. I show my dad the place on my finger and he starts to freeze. I don't look at it of course because that will make it hurt more. but it REALLY hurts. so i decide to look, and realize that he's not freezing my wart, he's freezing a newly-formed scab on my finger where I bumped it on a cabinet. OUCH!! SO then I still have to get the real wart frozen.
needless to say, my finger wasn't feeling to good after that. I gave my dad a hard time and shared the story with everyone. maybe next time i'll just do it myself?!!
After that Bethany, my mom and I went to the gym while we waited for Bekah to get home from school.
Then we came home and got ready to go to San Mateo to see my Grandma Gracie's Christmas tree and go out to dinner. We had some fun taking pictures by her tree and even got a demonstration of her silly Dancing Santa toy.
Then we headed out to Burlingame for some food. She wanted to take us for middle eastern food, so we went to Sinbads. On certain nights they have dancers there while you eat, but unfortunately not tonight.
The menu looked very similar to Greek food, so I was excited because I really like greek food. We order an appetizer platter and I got a Greek Salad. The appetizers were delicious. There was the bread, very similar to Pita bread but thinner. Then hummus, baba ganoush, tabouli, and a delicious new thing called moujadara. basically it's made of lentils and bulgar wheat (with other things of course).
we looked up a recipe when we got home, so i'm going to try and make it.
After our yummy dinner we went home. We watched a little bit of the movie Prancer in the car to get us in the Christmas spirit. Then we super baked for our party on Friday and assembled goodie bags for Bekah to take to school the next day. After hours of baking and smelling all the tempting treats, we settled down by watching Step Up. (it was really good) One of the nice things about spending time with my sisters is I can finally get a chance to see all the cheesy girly movies ernie won't let me rent.
No comments:
Post a Comment