Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas in Alamo: Day 2

Day 2, it's FRIDAY!!!

Started off by going to the gym--wow! 2 days in a row. (at this point i'm thinking I'm going to have a healthy holiday...but unfortunately, it only goes downhill from here) After the gym we braved the store madness and went to Costco. it was PACKED!! Luckily, samples were out in full-effect to keep us motivated. We got our stuff as quick as possible and got in line...it seemed there was only one big line that was being filtered off into many small lines by a Costco employee. seemed simple, so we complied. Too bad we were only one of the few. Everyone else walked right by the huge line and cut in front of us. After 10 or so people cut in front of us we ditched the line and got ourselves a spot in an actual line for check-out. It really boggles my mind how so many people can "pretend" to be oblivious to the fact that other people are waiting and were there before them and just be so darn selfish!!!

anyhoo...after that we went back home to finish baking for the "Weisser Tacky Sweater party". Bekah was tired from our previous night of baking and movie watching, and decided to take a nap on the kitchen floor. So I put mini cupcakes on her butt and called her "cupcake buns" all day. My mom put me in charge of arranging some of our cookie delights. I decided to have some fun with the brownies and made this little arrangement.Now that everything was prepared it was time to ready ourselves! My mom busted out her collection of christmas sweaters, t-shrits, sweatshirts, and accessories. We had a blast getting ready! I felt so festive that I decided to take some pictures by the tree. Then I had to poke a little fun at the croked tree by taking this picture: (That's me blowing it over!)

We even took some sister "glamor shot" pictures by the tree

Then Katey arrived. I immediately insisted that she choose an outfit, and being the fun-loving person she is, she complied. We had our first guest of the night, so it was time to start decorating cookies! As we decorated cookies and caught up Bethany and Bekah's friends started to arrive. A lot of them totally got into the whole "tacky sweater" thing. There was a guy with a Christmas tie that sang Christmas songs when you pressed on it. And even one guy who took the "tacky" to a whole new level: It was really fun to see all of Bethany and Bekah's friends and to have Katey there. Even Rad showed up to join the festivities! As a little bonus we had ELF playing in the living room and THE GRINCH playing in Bethany and Bekah's room. I watched Elf. That movie never gets boring. I caught my mom and dad snuggling and watching the Grinch. After Katey left the other friends also started to slowly leave. Then I fell asleep on the couch. What a fun day!

No comments: