December Nights!
So I found out about this cool thing happening in Balboa Park this past weekend. It sounded awesome: food, holiday events such as siniging and decorations, and FREE museums after 5pm!!
I was super excited about this since there's a few museums I've always wanted to check out.
We showed up at about 4pm because I wanted to see some of the stuff in the daylight. There were booths set up with all kinds of food and home-made crafts.
Ernie went straight for the fudge.
I'm not really that in to fudge, but I tried some mint anyways. It was ok.
Here's a view of the crowd. There were TONS of people there. I read in an article that last year 250,000 people went. WHOA!
I'm not really that in to fudge, but I tried some mint anyways. It was ok.
Here's a view of the crowd. There were TONS of people there. I read in an article that last year 250,000 people went. WHOA!
We continued to walk around and found the area where local restaurants were selling samples of their food for $1. We HAD to buy $10 worth of tickets...bummer!
They were very generous with their samples, which is awesome. So the first place we tried was a mexican place called "Baja Betty's". We had tacos.
Then we checked out this new dessert restaurant called "Heaven Sent Desserts". I tried a Swedish Gingerbread cookie, Ernie tried Grand Marnier cake.
Then we waited in line for ice cream from Marble Slab (like a cold stone but better). They were giving huge scoops of ice cream, and for an additional ticket you could get 2 toppings...of course I was down for that!
Here's us waiting in line.
You should have SEEN me eating that thing. I was like a lion eating it's prey. I DEVOURED it. and this is me really sad that there was nothing else I could get out of my empty cup.
Using up our last tickets. Ernie went to pick up stix.
Bet you know where I went...ICE CREAM...again!
I even tried to change my outfit so as not to be recognized.
Then it was 5pm and we went to the museums. Natural History Museum was up first.
This dino was getting into the spirit.
The museum was pretty cool, I'm definitely glad I could see it for free.
I made Ernie pose next to this HUGE shark. Thought it would look cool.
I felt left out, so I posed with this walrus thing. We became friends.
All in all, it was totally awesome and we had a really great time.
I love the holidays.


No comments:
Post a Comment