Thursday, April 12, 2007

Looking Back

introductory side note. I'm totally addicted to candy right now. Despite my best efforts to quit, I find myself eating it daily, and thinking about eating it twice as often. So rather than try to quit cold turkey, I've decided to allow myself the occasional indulgence. My biggest problem is leaving around the big bags of candy, thinking, "A big bag is a better buy and I'll just have 1 a day." YEAH RIGHT!!! So my newest solution...LOLIPOPS!!! I figure I can eat the whole thing, it lasts a long time, and pretty much satisfies my sweet craving without eating too much.

So to make a long story short (maybe I should say a "short story long") I bought some tootsieroll pops yesterday. As I was opening up one to eat right now I remembered how back in the day if you got 3 wrappers with a star on them you could cash them in at any convenience store for a free lolipop. COOL!! I wonder if they still do that?

p.s. I didn't get a star. :(

2 comments:

Nate, Katey & Gabriel said...

i thought it was the wrappers with the indians on them....but i guess that's pretty racist. a star sounds better :)

sage said...

It is the indian shooting a star. Same thing.