On Sunday we went downtown to the San Diego Aircraft Carrier Museum - USS Midway. Here is the view of it as we walked from Seaport Village. We had always wanted to go, but were deterred by the cost. However, one of Ernie's coworkers said it was worth it - so we decided to finally go.
The cool part was that you take a self-guided audio tour throughout the entire ship (all 3 stories, 54 stops). They told you all about the different parts of the ship, the different jobs people did in each part, and even actual accounts from sailors. It really gave you a feel for what life must have been like on the ship and how much work went into operating it.
Here is Ernie showing off his best salute.
I thought I was going to have a problem with the tight spaces (I'm claustrophobic). It was a tight squeeze in spots, but not as bad as I thought. Although after 2 hours I was definitely feeling like I couldn't be down there anymore! We took a break and got some pretzels at the cafe and then headed upstairs to see the hangar deck.




No comments:
Post a Comment