This week was Spring Break at my school. We offer camp during break, so I opted to work and make money rather than galavant around san diego with the other spring breakers. I knew it was going to be different than regular work, and I've had lots of fun when I have worked camps in the past, so I figured it would be pretty cool. I was wrong - it was awesome! All the kids were really sweet and we had a blast every day.
Each day we had computer time, coloring, sports, arts and crafts, and "surprise" snack-making activities. We even had a former student (who is now in high school) come and teach the kids about Greek Theater and lead a paper mache mask-making activity.
here's one of my coloring pages
we had a "draw your favorite cartoon" coloring contest. I got a prize for my depiction of "Xiolin Showdown"
The last day of camp we had an Easter egg hunt at the park across the street from school. I got the fun job of hiding all the eggs. The kids were CRAZY about it. Then we went back to school for lunch. After lunch we had lots of fun activities planned. We had a clown named "Pockets" come to paint the kids faces and make balloon animals. Look! She made me a unicorn!
She also painted faces. While the kids got their faces painted we also made homemade ice cream. This was so cool!! Basically you put sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla in a small zip lock bag. Then you put that bad in a large zip lock bag filled with ice and rock salt. Then you seal everything up and shake both bags for 7-10minutes. Then voila - ICE CREAM. It was really good too. I tried it and then decided to make myself some. It was delicious, although it was very rich and I felt really sick a few minutes after eating it. All in all it was a really fun week and it's really going to be hard going back to "normal" work this next week.





No comments:
Post a Comment