Sunday, April 01, 2007

NOW this weekend

WHAT A WEEKEND! It all started at 5:30am on saturday. We had to get up early to pick up our rental car to drive to Camarillo for Nicole and Chris's wedding. Ernie opened up the models at the new project saturday as well, so he had to go in to work up at Carlsbad. I got some coffee and a bagel and read the Reader while he did his thing. Then when he was done at 10am I picked him up and we began the long treck up to Camarillo. It's actually not that long of a drive but the 405 and the 101 through LA are nasty. We got there around 2pm hungry and tired. We had a quick lunch then hurriedly (don't know how to spell that) got ready for the wedding.

This was our first wedding as a married couple, which was quite exciting to be on the other end of things. The church was small and elegant and the ceremony began with a great slide show of nicole and chris. I LOVE slideshows of the "when they were young" and "now that they are together". The highlight was when Chris's mom sang a beautiful song for the newly married couple. It was amazing. She was this small korean women with an incredible opera-like voice.

After the ceremony we headed to Nicole's parent's house for the reception. I hadn't been to her house in years and boy was it changed!! The had a great set up with all the tables and tents--it looked amazing. The best part was the way they fused a more "traditional" wedding feel with korean traditions. They had korean and american snack-food which we both really enjoyed. I decided to try everything, and I'm glad I did because it was really good!!

Soon after we started snacking the wedding party arrived. everyone looked so amazing. Nicole did such a great job with the colors and all the arrangements. It was such a pleasure for us to be there!! Here's the couple taking their first dance as husband and wife.

Here we are having some fun. Love is in the air.
We had a great time getting our dance on, chatting with friends we haven't seen in a long time, and of course the amazing food and dessert. YUM!!! I'm really excited for more friends to start getting married, because celebrating is such a blast!

No comments: