Thursday, May 31, 2007

fun and fun

Today Vanessa invited me to come to her capoeira class. It was awesome. I'd taken a few classes at a group in PB which were fun, but difficult because I couldn't hear anything and people weren't very welcoming. Tonight's experience was MUCH better. The instructor was kind and welcoming and even gave me things to work on by myself. He broke everything down really "user friendly" so I was able to understand. At the end of class I put together everything I had learned into the roda, even got to do it with Vanessa! yeah! she is awesome and it was so fun to finally see her in action!!

After class I met one of the guys in the group who goes to the Rock church. cool! we chatted briefly and he mentioned another guy that was there also went to the Rock. I thought about introducing myself to him, but he left soon after that. As we were leaving Vanessa told me, "now you can tell everyone you trained with a Charger!" "WHAT?" I exclaimed? Apparently the tall black guy (who was pointed out to me as also going to the Rock) was Kassim Osgood!!! awesome!!!! highlight of the night :)

No comments: