Then we went to Mission Valley to check out movie times for Pirates and to take a little "necessities" trip to Target for shampoo and conditioner (which I had gone without the past week). And of course once you are at Target, you think of 10 other things you need, so we came home with a bag full of stuff and a new trashcan for our recycling. After Target we went to church at the Rock. Funny that every time we bring a visitor with us to church, Miles is never there. This particular weekend he was in Hemit doing a Miles Ahead Crusade. So, Tommy Mosley spoke on not being "that guy". He told us that there is a difference between when we make the decision to "believe" in God, and the next decision we have to make which is to "Follow" God. Tommy told us how in Matthew, Luke, and John, how Jesus tells us not to be "That guy" who 1. sounds a trumpet (tells everyone about the good things he does), 2. thinks he's better (thanks God he's not like people worse off than he), 3. catches others. Instead, we should be the one who gives in secret, humbles himself, and does our best to not sin. The take home message was to not build ourselves up by bringing others down. A good message for me since I have my end-of-the-year review and was wondering how I should approach the way I feel about the person I work with.
After church we went for dinner at Chili's. Of course I got my favorite thing-the quesadilla explosion salad. which really shouldn't qualify as a salad since it comes piled with chips and cheese and is surrounded by quesadilla wedges. (oh well) After dinner we went to Ralph's for candy and then headed to Mission Valley for our 3-hour movie event. I really enjoyed the movie until I realized it was 12:40 and had to get up the next morning at 7:30 for Boot camp volunteering. :(
Sunday was rough, I was super tired all day. Bethany came with me to Boot Camp, which was fun. We came home to pick up Ernie and go to the Farmer's Market. We walked around a little bit and got a cinnamon roll (of course!)
Then we walked to Ralph's and Starbucks for refreshments before heading home. A little while later we drove to Mission Viejo to the Ayers to celebrate Cory graduating from college. HOORAY!! There was lots of yummy food, which we indulged in, and of course good company!! We had to leave a little early to meet with our financial advisor, but it was a great meeting and we got a lot of cool things set up to start preparing for the future! We drove home very tired from the day, and finished off the night with some delicious frozen pizza from CPK. yum!
Thanks to Bethany for visiting and tacking my mind off the hard week last week!!
1 comment:
Hi Rachel. I can't believe you go to Miles McPherson's church. He came every now and then to speak at Calvary Chapel of Philly - the church I grew up in. 10 years ago my dad took me to youth group one evening when Miles was speaking. He ended up staying for the message. He dedicated his life to Christ that night and he has never been the same. He always talks about Miles and his "birthday".
Post a Comment