Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend!!

Memorial Day weekend! the 3-day weekend couldn't have come at a better time. Last week was exhausting. I had no energy, and neither did Ernie, so we spent most nights watching "Heroes" on nbc.com. Then we got hooked and couldn't stop watching it. By Saturday we finally had some motivation to get out of the house, but little trips here and there were always followed by more Heroes. Saturday, of course we made some time for Golden Spoon. I'm starting to make this a weekly habit!
After Golden Spoon and some more Heroes, we went over to Angie and Armando's (our friends from tkd) to watch the UFC fights. We were not disappointed! What a night of fights!! We were especially glad that Rampage Jackson beat Chuck Liddell.

Sunday I went to volunteer at Boot Camp, then I came home and Ernie and I went on a nice walk to the Farmer's Market. We sampled delicious fruit, bread, and granola. We settled on strawberries and a cinnamon roll. YUM!!

Later that day I went with Rian to the free Sunday Organ show at Balboa Park. There were mostly old people huddled under umbrellas, but it was a great environment. The best part was the guy finished the show with the national anthem and that really got us in the "memorial day" spirit.
After that, we went to check out a food festival at the International Village. It was awesome. i wished that I was hungry, because there was food from all around the world and it would have been really fun to try everything. Before we knew it, 2 hours had gone by, so I went home to be with Ernie, who I missed, and Rian went home to study--finals week :( Of course when I got home we watched more Heroes...but we finally finished it!! yeah!!

Monday we had big plans to start off the day with homemade breakfast. We decided we had better go to the gym first, since we had been putting it off all weekend. 2 grueling hours (we REALLY took our time) and a few cups of coffee later we were finally home to make crepes!! Ernie was in charge of the crepe making, I cut up the fresh strawberries from the Farmer's Market and set the table with other goodies like vanilla yogurt, bananas, and syrup.

First crepe!
here's my handiwork.
The crepes were fantastic! A big success. After our nice relaxed breakfast we showered and packed a picnic to go hang out at the Morley Field park. Vanessa and Rian met us there too. Vanessa practiced her capoeira and Ernie and I practiced our staff and escrema skills for our upcoming tkd belt tests.

We also made our first Slow Cooker meal today. It is still preparing, but 7 hours later starting to smell great. Can't wait to taste it!

No comments: