Luckily I have the most amazing husband in the world who without my even knowing called our insurance and reported the claim. I reported the theft to the police and then had to have a recorded conversation with insurance. the good part about all this is that I just happened (i say "just happened" even though it is totally God) to take my ipod, running shoes, and a few other items which are always IN my car, OUT of my car last night. Insurance is covering a rental car for up to 30 days, and neither of us is hurt or anything. it's just a car. although I DID just get new brakes and a fresh oil change. well, the rental car put me in a Saturn Aura (I don't recommend it, lots of blind spots!) I'll post a picture later of the new ride. in the meantime, I miss you my little Honda. I never even named you, but we had some good times didn't we?!!
A blurb of facts and events from my new life as a wife a.k.a. "Mrs. Spoelhof" and my even NEWER life as a mom!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
shock
I went outside to go to work today to find my car missing from the driveway. I assumed that Ernie had moved it (we needed to get our cooler out of the garage for the park yesterday) so I called him to joke that he'd forgotten to tell me where it was. As I was calling him I was walking up and down our street, heavy backpack on my back, purse slung on one shoulder, lunch in my hand, only to realize it was nowhere in sight. odd. I connected with Ernie and said, "my car isn't in the driveway." he asked if i was sure, and I actually wasn't. I walked back towards the driveway half expecting it had all been a figment of my vacation-imagination. (maybe my brain hadn't recovered from the shock of having a day off from work). NOPE. it was gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment