This was my second Sunday volunteering for Boot Camp. It was nice to see my fellow voluntees again and also to hear the awesome Boot Camp message - even better the second time around. ("Why Jesus is Who He Says He is")
After Boot Camp I met up with Vanessa to go check out the Wellness Expo in Balboa Park. It was an awesome mix of crazy hippy-ness and health. I was down with the yummy health food, yoga, free snacks and nature loving (they had recycling!!), but not so much with all the crystal-gazing/self-help type stuff. But that's ok. We all had fun together.
I had my stomach set on a fabulous veggie sandwich, and this $6 Veggie Wrap did not disappoint. It was as big as my face, and I enjoyed every single bite of it! yummers.
after eating lunch while listening to local music and some crazy (and i mean CRAZY) laughter yoga (aparently this day was also national day of laughter) we walked over to another part of the park where they give free Samba and drum lessons on Sundays. Since I am on my new "try anything" kick, post SELF workout in the park, I jumped right in. Samba is HARD!! I picked up a couple of moves, but for the most part I was totally lost. The teacher told me to practice and come back next week, which I am so there!
After Samba I watched Vanessa and some other capoeiristas do their thang. Vanessa taught me a few moves and then a nice guy taught me some other kicks and did some cool practicing with me. it was great. I've decided to check out some capoeira classes this week. I am determined to pick up as much culture and language before our trip - and I'm just amazed at what they do! SO COOL!
WHICH REMINDS ME...we got our tickets for Brasil! We are going for 2 weeks in August. hooray!!
so another fantastic San Diego weekend for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment