Sunday, April 27, 2008

Workout in the Park

This Saturday I went to the 15th SELF workout in the park with Karin and Jess. The event was from 11am-3pm in Mission Bay Park overlooking the Bay and Sea World. It was a beautiful, clear day and the bay provided a nice breeze (some of the time). The classes were awesome! Stretching, Latin Grooves, Cardio Kickboxing, ABS, RetroRobics, Million Dollar Workout (pretty similar to cardio kickboxing), Butt/Legs/Thighs, and more!
My favorite was of course the RetroRobics. Working out to awesome 80s music with totally rad 80's dance moves. I recognized some of the moves, but the slightly older ladies REALLY got down with it!
It was so awesome to be at an event that was all about women (although there were a few men there) and fitness and FUN! Working out outside sure helped too! There was a short (VERY short) break at 2:30 to announce prize winners. Karin won a year of FREE Crystal Light-COOL!!
After that was the last class, Masala Bhangra-Indian Dancing. Now that Jess and I are experts, we need an Indian party to go to :)

The three of us had a blast and I'm pretty sure we will be going back-so if you want to join us next time we'd sure love the company!!!

No comments: