Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bethany Visits!

The weekend started off EARLY-we woke up at 5:30am to post signs and prepare for our garage sale.
We posted on craig's list-which turned out to be a great idea because we attracted a few customers that came for specific stuff and bought it right away. We even had some show up before we had set up. We were so proud and took in a really nice profit. A few things didn't sell so we loaded them up in the truck and dropped them off at Amvets. Now our garage is nice and 1/2 empty!

Later that afternoon Bethany drove down for a visit. We went for some Golden Spoon (of course!), then shopped at Trader Joe's, made a picnic, and drove downtown for the Padres vs. Giants game at PETCO.

Our seats were on the top level so we were really cold with all that harbor air blowing around.
I was worried about Bethany in her Giants jersey, but no one seemed to mind-even when the Giants beat us.

We went home after the game to watch an awesome movie, "Never Back Down." Then Sunday Bethany and I went to a garage sale where they were selling American Apparel clothing for super cheap! We both were excited to get a few tops for under $5 each!!! Next, we went to church where the kids from the Rock Academy did a presentation of GodSpell. After church and some more snacks from Trader Joe's went went to the beach. It was crowded because the Beach volleyball AVP tournament was in town, but it was still really fun and we were able to find a parking spot no problem!

It was another great weekend to add to our list of many this summer!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I didn't know about your blog. It is fantastic! I will read/check it daily!!! I had a great talk with your Mom yesterday! I sure miss all of you!
love, annie

Anonymous said...

Craigslist is pretty cool! Glad the sale went well. I love baseball!!!
annie