Our trip began Wednesday evening in the rain. Jess and JT drove us to LAX for our 4:30 pm flight. We left early thinking there would be lots of traffic, but we made it in no time with no trouble. We sat around for a while and soon boarded our Korean Airlines flight for our 12 hour trip.
The flight was great-each seat had its own screen with games and movies. I was able to watch a bunch of girly movies like Mama Mia and Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. It was fun! The only bad part of the flight was that they didn't give us much water. So when we arrived to Brasil I was very dehydrated and got sick. We ate right away-all you can eat pizza-and I drank a lot of water which really helped. Renato's family put us up at their house which was so great! The first night we went out to a great restaurant/bar that played live Brasilian music-it was great!
Soon it was the wedding day! We got all dressed up and drove a little over an hour to the beautiful wedding location. The boys looked so great in their suits!
In Brasil, the bride and groom have family members stand on their sides, rather than bridesmaids and groomsmen. So Ernie, Forrest, Karin, and I stood on Renato's side. Here are Karin and I all dressed up!
The ceremony was beautiful and it was such an honor to be a part of it. After the ceremony we walked down the hill to the open air restaurant area where the reception would be held. Here is their cake-it had a custom made topper with Renato and Claudia in their jiu jitsu garb.




No comments:
Post a Comment