Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Celebrating America's Birthday

The 4th of July weekend started off with a Red, White and Blue spirit day at work. I had to rock my blue Brasil jersey since it was the day of the game. Sadly, they lost.



Jess and JT came to visit with Jorde on Friday. We are HUGE fans of Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show on Nickelodeon, so we were super excited to go out and see the movie. I made us element t-shirts (Air, Water, Earth, and Fire)


On Saturday we started off the morning with Boot Camp. I got a free week of Boot Camp at a local place and loved it, so I signed up for a month. I took Jess and Mom. We had so much fun and ended the class with a big dodgeball game. The boys stayed at home to watch the first World Cup game. We went to Oggi's in Pt. Loma to watch the second game. Jess and JT had to leave that afternoon so Ernie and I went to the movies with Ashkon and Bekah. We saw Toy Story 3. I don't know how they did it, but even after 3 movies they are STILL awesome!!


On Sunday we began with early church at 8am. Bethany brought some friends from FCA camp, so there were a bunch of us. We went to the store to get BBQ food and walked to where my parents were staying on Pt. Loma Naval Base.


We spent the day playing volleyball, whiffle ball, and badminton. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't great, but we stayed warm by having fun!! Our family friends the Taylors came to hang out too, so there were 16 of us for a wonderful BBQ. My dad saved us seats right on the water to watch the fireworks, so later in the afternoon we cleaned up the BBQ area and moved over to our seats. There was a festival going on so we walked around and got glow necklaces and kettle corn. Then we played Mafia for a few hours until it got dark. It was super fun, except no one would believe I wasn't Mafia, and I kept dying. The fireworks started at about 9pm. At first we could see 4 or 5 shows in the distance, and started to get worried that there weren't any close shows. We were not disappointed-at 9:15 we got 4 synchronized shows all around us at Shelter Island, Harbor Island and the Embarcadero. 


It was a long, but fun day so we welcomed the trip home to our beds. Bethany's friends and the Taylors had to leave after the fireworks, so we said our good-byes. Mom and Pop came over for a little bit Monday morning so the girls could visit a local clothing shop (an AWESOME local clothing shop). They had to leave us early to make the long drive home (which ended up taking 10 hours). Bethany, Mike and Bekah stayed around for some fun. We took them to Seaport Village. We had fun walking around at all the little shops. Saw some cool sites, like a family of men with rat tails. Really, the dad and both boys had full-on down to their waist rat tails. I wanted to take a picture, but didn't think it was appropriate.



We took some pictures by the bay, and then discovered a cookie shop. You know what happens when we see dessert....


The boys eventually pried us away so we could walk around downtown and make it to Fred's for dinner. YUM!! We finished off the night with a few epic battles of "Butt Head" (a fun card game) and Telephone Pictionary.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Yay, famiy fun 4th weekend! Yay, fireworks!! Yay, cookies!!! Yay, Love you guys!!!!