What a weekend of fun and great time spent with the love of my life and great family. We started the weekend by buying the new LEGO Harry Potter Wii game Friday night and haven't stopped playing each day since. It is super fun especially because, like the characters, we have to learn spells, potions, and lessons before we can move forward to new levels.
We then proceeded to continue the weekend by watching the third place World Cup match: Germany v. Uruguay. I don't care what everyone says, I think the Uruguay team is a bunch of cheaters for taking the win from Ghana, so I'm very excited Germany won.
I had plans to see Eclipse Saturday afternoon with some gal pals, who sadly had to cancel because of sickness. Of course my wonderful husband swooped in to save the day and offered to take me to see it!!
I, being the costume enthusiast that I am, couldn't resist buying this T-shirt for $3 on the sale rack at Target. So yes, I proudly wore it to the movie!!
Next on the weekend agenda was the All Star Game Charity 5K Fun Run at Angel Stadium with the fam. Ernie chose not to run so he was our helpful photographer, t-shirt-bag-cell phone-car key holder, and cheerleader. I found Jess and JT, but we couldn't find the rest of the family. As a result, I was left to run with speed demon Jess and Sprinter extraordinaire JT-further resulting in 3.1 miles of the most painful running I've ever done and my best 5K run time ever: an 8:31 mile pace and finish time of 26:26!! Here are some pictures of the fun and TEAM AWESOME!
Ernie took this well placed picture.
can you find me??
Apparently, Jillian Michaels was there at the start to cheer us on. I was super bummed that I didn't realize it-I'm a big fan of her workouts and The Biggest Loser show.
After the run we got some post-run breakfast and snacks, then we headed to JT's parent's house to watch the World Cup finals. It was so awesome of Rick and Lori to host us and we had a blast. Forrest and Karin came too. Although the game was scoreless until the very very end, we had a really good time being together.

No comments:
Post a Comment