Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Year at a Glance

One of my friends is an avid scrapbooker and all-around creative gal. She has great insights on fun ways to spend time with your mate, and shared a particularly great idea with me last year. The idea was to create a photo album or scrapbook with a page to represent each month throughout the year. I love to scrapbook, but I rarely have the time or willpower to commit to an entire book. This idea excited me, because I only had to commit to one page a month. I shared the idea with Ernie, and we immediately set to work on our book.

Each month, we would pick our favorite photo or two and send it for printing at Walgreens. We'd go on a little walk together an hour later, then come home to get to work. We took the time to shut off the TV, clear off the table, and pick out some background music on itunes or pandora. Ernie and I took turns designing the pages. It was so fun to recount the past month as we made the new page, and then look back on the pages we'd made so far. We finished the 2010 book last night with a few pages for December from our trip to Brasil. I got a coupon from Michael's craft store, so yesterday we went to buy a new book for 2011 and a book to keep track of all our Christmas cards (4 so far!).
 A sampling of the pages.


 A view of our cards from Christmases past

I really recommend that you try this project. Not only is it fun, it is a great way to spend time with your spouse and make memories from your memories!

No comments: